Friday, April 9, 2010

THE PROPOSAL (07-25-08)



Before I met JP, I asked God to give me a sign to show me the right man for me. The right man had to give me a bouquet of 12 white roses. When JP and I were together, I never rushed him into marrying him. I was not even thinking of marriage then. But when the idea crossed my mind, I secretly hoped that he would propose to me at the Santuario de San Antionio Adoration Chapel in Forbes where I always pray and bring JP with me. I have never been the type who wants so much attention. I have never liked the idea of being proposed to in front of so many people, mostly strangers. For me a proposal for marriage should be an intimate event between the couple. Did I get these things I hoped for? Read on…

On July 19, 2008 (Saturday), JP was supposed to propose to me. He came to my house, all dressed up. He found me in shorts and a plain shirt. I just got from Meralco’s Management Workshop and I was dead tired. When I saw him, I asked him, “Why are you all dressed up? Can we just stay at home?” His plan to propose was then ruined because I was too tired to go out.

The next day, Sunday, JP and I went to the Fort. He was supposed to propose again. But my brother, Macky, asked us to pick him up. Proposal? Postponed again.

That night, I dreamt that JP tried to propose to me twice. But he was not successful. I had no idea of his plan to propose so when I told him about this the next day, he freaked out.

A few days later, on July 25 (Friday), JP brought me to the Santuario De San Antonio Adoration Chapel, I prayed while he heard mass. While I prayed, I noticed that the altar was full of white roses, my favorite flowers. They were just so beautiful! I prayed to God to guide me and JP in our relationship. If He really wanted us to be together, then let us be together… that in the right time, God would give him the courage to propose to me. Take note – I said these prayers without an idea of JP’s plan to propose.




After I prayed, I went out to find JP on the bench outside the door of the chapel. I wanted to have dinner already. But JP wanted to stay. When I sat down, our conversation went like this:

JP: Are you happy?
M: Yes, why?
JP: Do you love me?
M: Yes, why?
*JP asked me these questions several times. I got so annoyed that I asked him…
M: Are you breaking up with me?!
JP: No, sweetie!
M (Relieved, I rested my head on my shoulders and I felt his heart beating so fast!): Why is your heart beating so fast?
JP: I’m palpitating. I took ecstacy.
M: JP, What did you do this time? (I was getting mad!)
JP: Sweetie, no, I was just joking! Do you love me? Are you happy!
M: Yes! I told you, yes!
JP (blurted out so fast): Will you marry me?
M: What? Are you serious?
JP brought out a black box, opened it and gave me a beautiful diamond ring.
M: Yes!





And then we were engaged! I was so happy that night. There was even a nun at the other side who probably noticed the whole proposal! After that, we had dinner at Hossein, Serendra.

I was so happy I got my dream proposal in the adoration chapel. After that night, I remember that the chapel was adorned with so many white roses. That was the sign God gave me to show me that JP was the right man for me. JP just did not give me a bouquet of white roses. But he proposed to me in God’s place full of white roses that I could not count! JP’S proposal was like a collaboration between God and JP!

I knew right then and there that God wanted JP and me to be together for the rest of our lives…

No comments:

Post a Comment